Thursday, December 23, 2010

Neighborhood Treats

Pretzel Rods wearing 3 Coats:
Homemade Caramel, White or Milk chocolate, Cute Decorations
Seriously, my favorite part of the holiday season is the neighborhood treats. I like thinking up something unique and wow! I still remember as a little girl delivering neighbor treats and my favorite ones were the variety of colors & flavors of almond bark my mom made.
I like to try to outdo myself every year and have to say...in my years, I've done pretty good. When the kids were little I sewed count down calendars for all the neighborhood...probably about 25 and delivered them before Dec. 1st. That was one of my favorites. An old standby favorite is our beautiful red raspberry huckleberry jam with a gold bow and a warm loaf of bread.
Another family favorite was the year we found pineapples on sale for $1 each and the kids wore Hawaiian shirts with a leigh and delivered them with a poem about the pineapple representing friendship.
Here's this year. I think last year's was prettier but I decided last year I wanted to do these for this year and it was a lot of fun!