No it's not another kitten...A couple weeks ago I got an email with the yummiest recipe for French Bread that you make in your BOSCH mixer. I'd been mentally debating trying it because of many past new bread recipe failures and I've just given into expensive grocery store french bread...but, my house was nice and warm and I had a free evening...(rarely happens) so I decided to try one last time. This is my result! YEAH!! In two days, we've made 4 loaves and it's ruling our house right now! The bunch is begging for more!!It looks and tastes like the French Bread you buy in the store!!! It was so easy...I'm really in shock!
Recipe:
2 & 1/4 C. warm water .. 2 T. yeast .. 2 T. sugar
2 T. oil .. 1 T. salt .. 6 C. flour
Soften yeast in warm sugar water. Then add 3 C. flour, salt & oil. Mix for 2 min. Add remaining flour. Mix with mixer for 4-5 min. Let rest for 10 min. Agitate with mixer. Do this 5 times. Remove dough and knead 2-3 x. Cut dough in half and roll out to 9x12. Roll up and pinch ends making a loaf. Lay loaves on cookie sheet. Cut 3 slashes on top with knife. Raise 30 min then cook 30 min @ 400 degrees. (Can use an egg wash on top and also sprinkle cornmeal on cookie sheet) but I just rubbed a little shortening on top to soften the crust.